[Histonet] IHC mystery

HERRINGTON, SHEILA SHEILA.HERRINGTON <@t> interiorhealth.ca
Fri Aug 9 13:49:04 CDT 2013

We have had issues like this in the past on occasion and it usually traces back to a slide hydrophobicity problem, and completely random.  It also seem to be affected by certain tissues more than others when it occurred, namely breasts.

Sheila

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Truscott, Tom
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2013 10:13 AM
To: Cindy Pyse; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] IHC mystery

Hi Cindy, I don't use the Dako system or any of the antibodies you mention, but this kind of sounds like an antibody diluent problem, where either what you dissolve the antibody in doesn't spread out evenly on the slide or the antibody doesn't dissolve well in the diluents you use. In an automated system, it just could be that the rinse cycle in between reagents is incomplete. I have seen something like this happen where oily or waxy blotches contaminated the slide before the run . Good luck, Tom T