[Histonet] Rusty Histo stainer

Davis, Cassie CDavis <@t> che-east.org
Fri Aug 9 13:23:42 CDT 2013

I've only seen it happen with regressive stains. The acid seems to get in the air circulating in the stainer.

Cassandra Davis
CDavis <@t> che-east.org
302-575-8095

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 15:00:13 +0400
From: Dmitry Kislov <bonesdmz <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Rusty histostainer, anyone?
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hello,

Did anyone ever seen any histostainer got rusty? We have a strange issue
with one of ours - some parts which should be made of stainless steel
suddenly started to get rusty... I don't want to put a manufacturer's name
in here as we are trying to negotiate our way out of this issue now. We're
happy with the unit, it still works fine, but we'd trying to figure out
what was wrong.

So, did anyone had simular experience and what was the reason, if any?
Thanks!

Dmitry,
Sr. engineer
Moscow region pathology bureau

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail, including any attachments is the
property of Catholic Health East and is intended
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and
reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.