[Histonet] Air bubbles in Coverslipper

Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Sun Aug 4 19:00:29 CDT 2013

we often have to change the dispensing nozzle when this occurs.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Anna Huntley Coffey
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2013 3:56 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Air bubbles in Coverslipper

Hi Histonetters!

We have a Leica CV5030 coverslipper in our lab and we regularly (~ once a week or so) have trouble with large air bubbles showing up in a significant number of our slides.  We have flushed the hose from the mounting medium through the needle with xylenes which sometimes works to clear the bubbles and sometimes does not.  Has anyone else had trouble with this and possibly found a solution?  I would really appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
Anna