AW: [Histonet] Air bubbles in Coverslipper

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Aug 3 04:16:15 CDT 2013

Hi,
We always have more than one medium-bottle prepared. At least three are
filled in advance. So entrapped air can go away until usage and the "oldest"
is the one for exchange.

Gudrun

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Anna
Huntley Coffey
Gesendet: Freitag, 02. August 2013 21:56
An: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Betreff: [Histonet] Air bubbles in Coverslipper

Hi Histonetters!

We have a Leica CV5030 coverslipper in our lab and we regularly (~ once a
week or so) have trouble with large air bubbles showing up in a significant
number of our slides.  We have flushed the hose from the mounting medium
through the needle with xylenes which sometimes works to clear the bubbles
and sometimes does not.  Has anyone else had trouble with this and possibly
found a solution?  I would really appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
Anna