[Histonet] Processing Fumes

MaryK Mendell kmendell <@t> goldbergmd.net
Fri Aug 2 06:58:58 CDT 2013

I run a very small Derm lab and starting having a new problem processing and cleaning cycle.  Nothing has changed processing wise but it seems we have more fumes than before.  I have the fume hood running plus a  Aller Air 5000 Voc D portable air purifer, all filters have been changed.  There seems to be more fumes while the  processor is running and durining the clean cycle.  I'm at a loss here as what it could be.  The processor is a Tissue Tek VIP 2000 and I can't see any leaks any where and no error codes present.  I have called our HVAC guy to have him look at venting to see if an issue, but with the hood check showing no blockage not sure it that is the issue.  Any suggestions?

Kate Mendell
Histopathology/Lab Manager

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty.  ~Henry Ford

HOWARD S. GOLDBERG, M.D., INC
990 Paradise Road
Swampscott, MA  01907
TEL:  781.595.0151
FAX:  781.592.6780
kmendell <@t> goldbergmd.net<mailto:kmendell <@t> goldbergmd.net>
www.cosmesticdermcenter.com<http://www.cosmesticdermcenter.com/>
PRIVACY NOTICE: This e-mail message may contain confidential patient or other information belonging to the sender that is legally privileged.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or authorized entity named above. The authorized recipient of this patient or other confidential information is prohibited from disclosing the information to any other party.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete.  Please keep any information you may have viewed confidential.