[Histonet] Job oppurtunity in Cobleskill NY

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf <@t> cookchildrens.org
Fri Apr 26 13:50:38 CDT 2013

Here is a message I am posting for a Histology educator who isn't a subscriber to Histonet.  Please direct any questions about the position to COLONYP <@t> cobleskill.edu<mailto:COLONYP <@t> cobleskill.edu>

Thanks and happy weekend.        Linda M  (Histonet administrator)

Histotechnology Education Coordinator
Institution:

SUNY Cobleskill<http://www.cobleskill.edu>

Location:

Cobleskill, NY

03/15/2013

Application Due:

Open Until Filled

Type:

Part-Time/Adjunct

Salary:

$20,000 to $21,000 USD Per Year

Company Description:
COLLEGE VALUES
SUNY Cobleskill is seeking talented and innovative individuals to join the college community as we build a new vision for our second century as a college of agriculture and technology. Offering associate's and bachelor's degree programs, SUNY Cobleskill values innovative teaching and faculty committed to engaging pedagogies, collaborative and interdisciplinary endeavors, global perspectives, applied learning including internships and undergraduate research, and high levels of interaction with students.
Job Description:
This new position will work with the Histotechnician Program Director to maintain and enhance the academic and technical training of histotechnology students. Duties may include, but not be limited to, recruitment of students and new affiliate sites for internships; clinical coordination and site visits; classroom and laboratory teaching; collating and assessing data; and evaluating program effectiveness.
Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in Histotechnology required; master's degree preferred. The successful candidate will be a histotechnology professional who is certified by a national certifying agency. Excellent public relations, organization, decision making and creative skills are required. The candidate will have knowledge of educational methods and current accreditation and certification procedures.
Additional Information:
[*]       Half-time, 11-month position to serve as the Education Coordinator for the Histotechnician A.A.S. program; begins August 2013.
[*]       This position offers full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country. Salary Range: $20,000 - $21,000.
[*]       SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
Application Instructions:
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Completed application consists of the following:
1.       Letter of application, addressing qualifications, position responsibilities, and college values
2.       Copies of official transcripts (originals required if hired)
3.       Current CV
4.       Names, emails and phone numbers of at least three professional references
Application Information
Contact:

SUNY Cobleskill

Fax: