[Histonet] staining near pap pen only????

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 12:23:46 CDT 2013

Hello Histonetters!

We have been doing triple staining on frozen tissue for a while.  Just
recently it started to stain only near the pap pen (the sections have two
lines of pap pen, one where they begin and one where they end).  This makes
no sense to me, as the staining isn't only on one end (as if the tray was
crooked) but both ends and NOT the middle.  Can anyone think of what would
cause this?
My boss came up with the idea that the solution is evaporating and
therefore, it's more concentrated on the ends, but that seems a stretch.
Then again, it's better than what I came up with, which is nothing!

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of
their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new
story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"