[Histonet] Biosafety in the Mohs Laboratory

Zimmerman, Billie BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu
Thu Apr 18 13:32:30 CDT 2013

After being well acquainted with the CAP question, in regards to decontamination of cryostats, I would like some feedback as to how some of you perform this function.
The lower cost cryostats do not contain a fumigation cycle but instruct the user to use alcohol and/or some type of germicidal spray for decontamination.  I am hesitant about this and wondering if I'm just "old school" believing  in formaldehyde fumigation for eliminating Hepatitis, HIV, and TB. In the cryostat manual, there is no mention of fumigation and the cleaner they suggest is not sold in the United States.  Thanks in advance for your help!
Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University have consolidated to become Georgia Regents University. Effective January 9, 2013, my email address has changed to BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu. Please update your address book to reflect this change.