[Histonet] Sakura film coverslipper

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Wed Apr 17 19:18:31 CDT 2013

Marcellyn,

We have never owned a film coverslipper because in Hawaii, the only medical center with a film instrument ($) had problems after 5 years.  The film pulled off the slides; meaning, they wanted to go back and re-cover tens of thousands of slides, in order to stay compliant.  Apparently and more shockingly, they were told the problem was simply the "Humidity" in our area was too high for 'film'.

However, in talking with our new (and wonderful) Sakura representative, I now think it was inaccurate to blame film coverslippers, especially after Rene's and Lori's endorsement.  In the right hands with quality film and the right xylene coverage, I presume it would work in all settings (it's not like we're going to coverslip slides on the beach or something, although...).

But we already have the Sakura Glas g2; it's a workhorse too!  We  love ours.  Very few problems, but a little pricey.  Worth the money if your volume is high, and your time is short.

Hugh
UH cancer center