[Histonet] Isopentane storage-the polling is open

Mitchell Jean A JMitchell <@t> uwhealth.org
Tue Apr 16 12:46:06 CDT 2013

We maintain an approximately 1 liter supply of isopentane and store all isopentane (open/unopened) in an explosion proof freezer.

Jean Mitchell, BS HT (ASCP)
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
Neuromuscular Laboratory
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI  53792-5132

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Paula Sicurello
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:35 PM
To: HistoNet
Subject: [Histonet] Isopentane storage-the polling is open

Hello HistoNetters,

I have been having a discussion with my boss about whether or not to store the isopentane (used for freezing muscle biopsies) in the refrigerator. (An expensive, explosion proof one that I would have to buy.)

Her only experience is with the isopentane stored in the refrigerator, my experiences are with storing it at room temperature.

What do you all do?  Room temp or refrigerated?

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paula

--
Paula Sicurello, HTL (ASCP)
Supervisor, Clinical Electron Microscopy Laboratory Duke University Health System Rm.#251M, Duke South, Green Zone Durham, North Carolina 27710