[Histonet] Isopentane storage-the polling is open

Paula Sicurello patpxs <@t> gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:35:13 CDT 2013

Hello HistoNetters,

I have been having a discussion with my boss about whether or not to store
the isopentane (used for freezing muscle biopsies) in the refrigerator. (An
expensive, explosion proof one that I would have to buy.)

Her only experience is with the isopentane stored in the refrigerator, my
experiences are with storing it at room temperature.

What do you all do?  Room temp or refrigerated?

Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paula

--
Paula Sicurello, HTL (ASCP)
Supervisor, Clinical Electron Microscopy Laboratory