[Histonet] Picrosirius red on cryosections

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Tue Apr 16 09:42:25 CDT 2013

Laura

This type of analysis does not need to be completed on frozen sections it can be performed on routine 10% NBF fixed paraffin sections.  There are protocols on line on the website stains file.

Here is the link  http://stainsfile.info/StainsFile/stain/conektv/puchtler_psr.htm

 I would let the frozen sections air dry for at least 30 minutes and then post fix in 10% NBF for about 10 minutes and then start this procedure.

Liz

Laboratory Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592