[Histonet] Immunohistochemistry for Adipose tissue macrophages in humans

khadija irfan khadijairfan <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 00:19:39 CDT 2013

Hello All

I am a clinical researcher so my questions may be somewhat naive, but I would be extremely grateful for any help.
I want to look at adipose tissue macrophage polarity by immunohistochemistry for activation markers. I have the following questions:
1. How much tissue sample is required. I want to use subcutaneous and omental fat samples.
2. How should I transport and store my samples. How long can I store them? I anticipate that I would be collecting samples over 2-3 months.
3. If I do H&E staining first, can I do immunohistochemistry on the same slide? Can I do successive markers on the same slide? How many markers can I use it for?

Thanks

Khadija