[Histonet] RE: Ventana Melanoma Cocktail

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Wed Apr 3 12:53:10 CDT 2013

You can only bill for 1

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Stephen.Clark1 <@t> hcahealthcare.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:45 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana Melanoma Cocktail

I've got a question regarding Ventana's Melanoma Cocktail.  We've never done double or triple staining at our institution so my knowledge of the CPT codes for this is vague.  If we were to use this product, which has HMB-45, Tyrosinase, and Mart-1 in one dispenser, do I bill it as an 88342 three times?  Or is there a separate CPT code that we would use?  Thanks for your input.

Steve Clark
Pathology Dept. Supervisor
Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
843-692-1486 Lab
843-692-1459 Desk
Stephen.Clark1 <@t> hcahealthcare.com

 [cid:image001.gif <@t> 01C9DADA.65BB9E10]

This message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender
at either the e-mail, fax, address, or telephone number
listed above and delete this e-mail from your computer.
Thank You.