[Histonet] Cooling paraffin blocks with ice VS. Freezing Spray

Akemi Allison akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 11:20:15 CDT 2012

Well said Rene!  In my 40 plus years as a supervisor, manager, technical support manager, and consultant; I have come across a broad spectrum of experienced and inexperienced histologists.  Their knowledge base may be limited to their own experiences, or lack of it.....  A good supervisor or manager will be open to alternative methods of techniques.  The mind is like a parachute; keep it open!

Akemi Allison BS, HT(ASCP)HTL

________________________________
 From: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
To: Jenny Vega <histotech411 <@t> gmail.com>; joelle weaver <joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com>; "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Cooling paraffin blocks with ice VS. Freezing Spray

Jenny:
There is a saying that "life is too short to drink cheap wine". In the same way life is too short to be frustrated daily working at a place where work is like a daily uphill battle.
For what you describe you know your trade. Start looking for another place although do not expect that your ideas will always be well received.
"Older, trained on the job, and with lots of experiences" supervisors usually are not very open to suggestions, especially when those ideas conflict with what they are used to do because they do not know the scientific basis of what they are doing.
The less open to suggestions a person is, the more ignorant they are likely to be.
René J.