[Histonet] Cooling paraffin blocks with ice VS. Freezing Spray

C.D.G. latecor <@t> montevideo.com.uy
Fri Sep 28 22:04:29 CDT 2012

Freezing spray is better if you use it with discretion. Freezing too much could render sections with artifacts
like partial "holes" on the section, so you must use it with care and not always, as you stated, some
pieces cut better if you don't chill them at all.
The use of ice is possible,but I saw that many times, the drop of water over the blade holder unit, leads to a
slow but progressive corrosion of some of the components that are indispensable for an accurately sectioning work.
Try to begin using the spray taking care of not overcool the materials and you'll soon  be feeling comfortable
with this method.
My best regards ,
Carlos.-