[Histonet] Changing dynamics in histotechnology

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Mon Sep 17 16:11:34 CDT 2012

Well stated

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 2:41 PM
To: Jesus Ellin; Judy O'Rourke
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Changing dynamics in histotechnology

The advances of science and technology cannot and should not be stopped. These are the beginnings of the XXIst century and in the same way that many (most) highly manual manufacturing jobs that left our soil to not return, in the same way histotechs have to learn new working ways, new technologies.
We cannot remain static hopping that our jobs will remain as they were yesterday or are now.
In the same way that old workers need to retrain to survive, histotechs need also to train and embrace the new technologies.
We cannot expect that if a diagnostic can be made quicker and better using a new molecular or genetic techniques the pathologists are not going to use and remain committed to the traditional ways just to "save" our positions.
It is the law of life: adapt or perish!
René J.