[Histonet] cell membrane

Anatoli Gleiberman AGleiberman <@t> cbiolabs.com
Fri Sep 14 16:08:54 CDT 2012

Liz,
It is possible to play with different catenins (gamma etc.) to get rid of nuclear staining. But if the target is epithelium I would try to use EpCAM first. And in case of different epithelial tumors EpCAM usually is up-regulated.

Anatoli Gleiberman, PhD
Director of Histopathology
Cleveland Biolabs, Inc
73 High Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
phone:716-849-6810 ext.354
fax:716-849-6817
e-mail: AGleiberman <@t> cbiolabs.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Chlipala [mailto:liz <@t> premierlab.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 4:08 PM
To: Anatoli Gleiberman; pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Subject: RE: [Histonet] cell membrane

Thanks Anatoli

We have worked with beta-catenin before (4 different sources of antibody) and in the tissue that we looked at (tumor) we saw a combination of membrane, cytoplasmic and nuclear staining.  I went back to some of the images from the phalloidin staining and cell membrane staining was variable, some cells were outlined nicely others were not.

Liz

Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)QIHC Manager Premier Laboratory, LLC PO Box 18592 Boulder, CO 80308-1592
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
www.premierlab.com