[Histonet] Cryosectioning question

Erickson, Jamie E jamie.erickson <@t> abbott.com
Wed Sep 12 10:21:05 CDT 2012

Hi All,
             I have a question about cryopresevation/ sectioning. I have a study (mouse kidneys sample)that I need to re-section the cryoblocks but the intern that sectioned them first did not reseal them with OCT so they have now seperated from the OCT (dessicated).
I can't get sections because of the tissue and OCT separate. Can I re-freeze them? If so how do I avoid thawing the sample. Has anyone run into this, if so what did you do.

           Also is there a good method for sectioning out there I want to improve my speed and quality of cryosections  so I hope to adopt some new tricks. Do people like using a camel hair  brush  or the anti-roll plate, I use a brush.. Is there any good refference material I should look into...

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

Jamie