[Histonet] charge code for send out's?

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Sun Sep 9 09:16:53 CDT 2012

We now request a FedEx or UPS account number for all outside requests for pathology materials from our Department.  It is the responsibility of the requesting hospital/laboratory/company to provide this since they will be providing a consultation, performing IHC/molecular testing, or conducting research on our patient's pathology material.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> <Pathrm35 <@t> comcast.net> 9/7/2012 1:16 PM >>>

Fellow techs,

I am wondering  what you do with charges for slides that are requested to be sent to another facility. Is there a CPT code that can be used for billing for the shipment, do you charge the patient or physician who requests the slides to be sent out or do you pay for the shipping yourself ?

Thanks,

Ron Martin