[Histonet] Flammables in Histology

WILLIAM DESALVO wdesalvo.cac <@t> outlook.com
Thu Sep 6 17:37:49 CDT 2012

If you have a safety officer or department, start there. Each city and state will have specific regulations. Your company may have even more restrictions.

your bulk storage capacity will be dependant upon State, Municipality and your company allowable storage outside a flame cabinet. Usually there is a very short period of time allowed from delivery and when you MUST move your bulk reagents to a cabinet
capacity of the flammable cabinet varies with size. I strongly suggest you vent to outside
volume allowed in the lab is again dependant upon State, Municipality and your company. Make sure you "count" all flammable liquids on instrumentation in use. in the lab and add to bulk storage

Again, I suggest you check w/ your local fire department for regulations and requirements. Depending on the city, they typically are responsible for yearly inspections.

William DeSalvo, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Production Manager-Anatomic Pathology
Chair, NSH Quality Control Committee
Owner/Consultant, Collaborative Advantage Consulting