[Histonet] Options for immunohistochemistry during Mohs surgery?

Gibson, Philip Philip.Gibson <@t> nuth.nhs.uk
Thu Oct 18 05:13:22 CDT 2012

Hi Everyone

I help run a small Mohs surgery laboratory in the UK, and our surgeons
have indicated that they would prefer to perform IHC of Cytokeratin
Cocktail and MelanA independently of the nearby histopathology
department (inevitably, there are delays and we would prefer a true
one-stop service).

Can anyone make any suggestions of IHC kits they have successfully used
(we will perform the IHC manually, of course)? Our surgeon believes that
there are labs in the USA that can run IHC in 20-30 minutes - I'm just
not certain whether this is possible, even with no requirement for
antigen retrieval!

Many thanks for any ideas you may have!

Regards

Phil