[Histonet] Are those sites using the Thermo Fisher SlideMateslide printer also using Thermo slides?

Ian R Bernard ibernard <@t> uab.edu
Fri Oct 12 06:15:54 CDT 2012

Encouraging information and thanks for the slides tibit. That has been an issue.
IB

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Best
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:38 AM
To: Beth Cox; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Are those sites using the Thermo Fisher SlideMateslide printer also using Thermo slides?

We have been using the Thermo Printmate and the Slide Mates since 2009.
There have been some issues, but eventually, they have been resolved and the system is working very well. We use Premier charged slides by Avantik after trying a broad range of slides, these are very economical and work well. We run about 100 slides per day through each slide printer. We also have them in place to print slides for Hologic Thin Preps and Surepath PAPs both systems use imagers and are ok most of the time despite a very high volume in that area.
Hang in there be and persistent it will get better. Their tech support is pretty good.