[Histonet] protein concentration on tissue culture supernatant

Thurby, Christina christina.thurby <@t> bms.com
Thu Oct 11 14:05:39 CDT 2012

Please don't blast me if this is a really dumb question.  I have a tissue culture supernatant antibody.  I need to know the protein concentration - called the vendor, it is unknown.  Does anyone know if I can just run a Bradford to get the protein concentration - or will it be irrelevant do to other proteins present in the antibody?  This is an IVD antibody, so I expect it to be specific for the target antigen.  This is an unconjugated antibody and I want to biotinylate it, but I need a starting protein concentration.  Anyone out there with experience doing this with a tissue culture supernatant antibody?

Christina Thurby
Bristol Myers Squibb
812-307-2093

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message and any attachments. Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.