[Histonet] Re: mounting medium

Candice Smoots candice_camille <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 14:33:58 CDT 2012

hey Tamara

We bought it.  I have heard that it polmerizes. But we just heated it and it is a retuned to its liquid state. Do you use your on wet or dry sections.

I remain yours truely,

Candice Camille

________________________________
From: Tamara A Howard <thoward <@t> unm.edu>
To: candice_camille <@t> yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, October 8, 2012 12:27 PM
Subject: mounting medium

Candice -

Did you purchase this mounting medium or make it yourself? PVA polymerizes and will set up over time; I make mine and store aliquots at -20C, then take one aliquot out to use and keep it at 4C until it is either used up or gets to be too thick. If you made it yourself, did the PVA definitely go into solution?

Tamara