[Histonet] Brain - Question and advise

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Mon Oct 8 12:12:35 CDT 2012

I know but I have been in situations were the history of the patient is unknown or very vague, like vision loss or muscle tremors,  then you process the tissue routinely...and then a few days later the 14-3-3 test comes across the radar.

Just be careful.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210

________________________________
From: Rene J Buesa [rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 12:03 PM
To: McMahon, Loralee A; Histo Histo; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Brain - Question and advise

I do not worry about prions IF the tumor is perfectly classified as a metastatic neoplasm or any nervous tissue tumor.
"Prions", as you know, correspond to a pathology with very well defined behaviors consistent with the human form of "mad cow disease" (KJ disease).
That is why I recommended to get a diagnosis from the referring physician.
René J.