[Histonet] RE: Breast processing times

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri Oct 5 10:18:01 CDT 2012

We have someone come in on Sunday, and work with one less person on Monday.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Diana McCaig
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 11:15 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Breast processing times

Can you please give me your routine for processing breast cases over the weekend.  Do you extend the time in alcohol to achieve the 48 hour maximum, call someone in over the weekend, or just indicate on the patient report that the fixation extended beyond the 48 hours limit for HER 2, 72 hours for ER and PR.  Is the ischemic time recorded within the lab as well as on the patient report?

Thanks

Diana