[Histonet] RE: Ventana discontinuing INFORM HPV product line

Angela K. Bitting akbitting <@t> geisinger.edu
Wed Oct 3 09:08:12 CDT 2012

After talking with my rep, it sounds like they are trying to come up with an offering next year that will help users replace the test. You can stock up on probe for now. I got a nice discount on a bulk order of probe that will last me until Fall of 2013.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of D'Attilio, Shelley
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 8:31 AM
To: Histonet Listserv (E-mail)
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana discontinuing INFORM HPV product line

Hi all,
We have just been informed that Ventana is discontinuing the INFORM HPV Family 6 ASR and the Family 16 Probe ASR.  I believe that Ventana is the only company that offers this kind of product.

We don't have any experience in our laboratory developing and testing our own "cocktails".  Can someone offer some words of wisdom or perhaps a procedure?  At this point, I don't really know where to start other than to find out the probes included in the Family 16 ASR and to buy some dispensers for the BenchMark XT and Ultra.  Ventana cannot help us due to FDA regulations regarding laboratory developed tests (I think).

Thanks,
Shelley D'Attilio MT(ASCP)
Manager, Chemistry, Cytology and Histology Dept. of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Stormont-Vail HealthCare Topeka, Kansas

NEED A DOCTOR?  Stormont-Vail's Health Connections can help you find a doctor accepting new patients.  Call (785) 354-5225.

The information transmitted in this e-mail and in any replies and forwards are for the sole use of the above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or highly confidential information.  Any unauthorized dissemination, review, distribution or copying of these communications is strictly prohibited.  If this e-mail has been transmitted to you in error, please notify and return the original message to the sender immediately at the above listed address.  Thank you for your cooperation.