[Histonet] Cooling paraffin blocks with ice VS. Freezing Spray

Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com
Tue Oct 2 02:16:39 CDT 2012

Ice is still the best coolant because it adds moisture. As Lee Luna used to say" Rehydrate, rehydrate, rehydrate" For tough blocks, face it then add soapy water to ice with some ammonium hydroxide. Like magic!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Podawiltz, Thomas
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 2:01 PM
To: joelle weaver; histotech411 <@t> gmail.com
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Cooling paraffin blocks with ice VS. Freezing Spray

I was once worked at a place that had this sign on the wall that everyone saw as you entered the training room.

    "When you think you are through learning, you are through here"

Blows my mind when I run into people that refuse to learn anything current.

Tom Podawiltz HT (ASCP)
Histology Section Head/Laboratory Safety Officer.
LRGHealthcare
Laconia, NH 03246
603-524-3211 ext: 3220