[Histonet] chemical disposal

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 15:48:27 CST 2012

You are right and your "general manager" is wrong (as they usually are when dealing with histology issues!).
René J.

From: Cynthia Pyse <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:44 PM
Subject: [Histonet] chemical disposal

Quick question for Histoland. I am having a debate about DAB disposal. Our
general manager ( non lab background) insists that the liquid DAB can go
into a biological hazardous waste. I disagree, it is a chemical and needs to
be disposed in the chemical hazardous waste. What is everyone else doing to
dispose of DAB. We are located in NY, I do have those regs. Thanks in
advance for any and all help.

Cindy

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)

Laboratory Manager