[Histonet] FW: Peloris Rapid Tissue Processor

DeMint, Valerie S Valerie.DeMint <@t> phci.org
Wed Nov 28 11:24:15 CST 2012

________________________________

From: DeMint, Valerie S
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:29 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwester.edu'
Subject: FW: Peloris Rapid Tissue Processor

________________________________

From: DeMint, Valerie S
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:47 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwester.edu'
Subject: Peloris Rapid Tissue Processor

Valerie S. DeMint, HT (ASCP)

Waukesha Memorial Hospital

Waukesha, WI 53188

I am wondering if anyone has experienced any intermittent, unexplained
processing problems with their Peloris rapid tissue processor.  I
thought our laboratory has had all the correct measures in place to
provide us with consistent, good tissue processing result but we
continue to have failed runs. Leica technical support cannot locate any
problems with our instrument.  Here's what we are "using and doing":
Careful attention is made so that all specimens are fully fixed prior to
starting a processing run. We use ethanol for dehydration. Bottles 3, 4
and 5 are dedicated to graded alcohols at the default concentrations of
70%, 80% and 90%.  We are a xylene lab. We are using the recommended
xylene protocols and following the tissue size recommendations for each
protocol.  We use the Activeflow cassettes that are designed to work
best with a rapid tissue processor.  We do not use anything like biopsy
pads that would affect carryover or flow of reagents.

Most recently, we had a "bad" run of medium size tissues that were over
processed.  The only reagent change prior to this run was the 70%
alcohol had been changed.  Following this bad processing run I checked
the alcohol concentration with a hydrometer and it read correctly.
There were no error codes on the instrument to indicate a problem.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

This information is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or our Customer Support Center at (262) 928-2777. We have scanned this e-mail and its attachments for malicious content.  However, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  ProHealth Care accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.