[Histonet] Tissue Tek VIP 5 processor

Howard, Jamie C Jamie.Howard <@t> uky.edu
Thu Nov 15 13:52:30 CST 2012

We have had our Tissue Tek VIP 5 floor model processor for five years. Here is a little background: We are an animal diagnostic facility, there is no formalin in the processing cycle, and we perform weekly cleaning/maintenance. The retort chamber is wiped down every day after the processing and cleaning run. However, the retort chamber has recently had a green discoloration form on the sides and bottom and I'm not sure what would be causing it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie