[Histonet] RE: Gomori Trichrome and nemaline bodies?

Lynette Pavelich LPaveli1 <@t> hurleymc.com
Wed Nov 14 13:46:11 CST 2012

I have attached our Modified Gomori's Trichrome procedure.

Lynette

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Monfils, Paul [PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:40 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Gomori Trichrome and nemaline bodies?

Hello All,

I work in a core facility providing laboratory services to researchers.
I had a request to cut some frozen sections on muscle tissue, and stain
them with Gomori Trichrome, a technique we use routinely.  I did the
stain, checked them microscopically andconfirmed that the collagen
fibers were nicely stained.  But the researcher came back and said that
the slides did not show what she was looking for, which was nemaline
bodies, rod-shaped structures indicative of a disease called nemaline
myopathy.  I had never heard of this but went online and found several
articles on the disease, a couple of which showed images of nemaline
bodies stained with a "modified Gomori Trichrome" procedure.  But no
indications of what the modifications were.  Is anyone familiar with the
staining of these bodies, either using a modified Gomori trichrome, or
some other method?  Thanks.

Paul Monfils