[Histonet] Problem with cardiomyocytes staining

Laura Avogaro avogaro <@t> science.unitn.it
Tue Nov 13 11:32:09 CST 2012

Dear Histonetters,
I am new in histology so I ask if someone have experience with cardiac
tissue. Recently I performed a Picrosirius Red staining (pig atrium, 5
microns thickness) but in some sections I noted cardiomyocytes colored
brown (instead of pale yellow).I wonder if it is probably due to the
thickness of the section or something alse(unfortunately I use an old
microtome whose probably fails to work in the correct way).
Thank you in advance
Best regards

Laura

Laura Avogaro
Center for Biomedical Technologies (BIOTECH)
University of Trento
Italy