Subject: [Histonet] Background staining on H pylori

Tim Higgins thiggins <@t> cddmedical.com
Tue Nov 6 08:27:10 CST 2012

Hey Deloris,

I would have the dispensing nozzles on the XT checked, could be it is not
getting rinsed properly.  Had that issue with my Ultra not to long ago.  No
warnings or errors showed up, just a clogged nozzle tip.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Deloris
Carter
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 5:16 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Hi,
I'm getting a lot of background staining on my HP's.  We use a Ventana
BenchmarkXT with ultraView DAB.  The problem seems to be escalating of late,
and I'm not sure why.  We use Hollande's on our GI biopsies, and run them on
a shorter run.  Nothing has changed in the processing of the specimens, or
the IHC procedure.  The antibody dispenser is a newer lot, but not brand
new, as we get the larger size due to the high volume of HP's we run. Any
ideas?

Deloris Carter HT(ASCP)

End of Histonet Digest, Vol 108, Issue 7