[Histonet] Free Diagnostic Pathology Software from the UK - Cancer reporting proformas added

Dr Mayall mayallf <@t> wave.co.nz
Fri Nov 2 07:18:17 CDT 2012

Some of the list members might be interested in some recent
enhancements to the free diagnostic pathology software that we have
developed in the UK. We are adding proformas for complex cancer cases
based on the The International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR)
proformas that are being developed. You can trial this free software
(version 2.1) and download it from this website:

www.freedp.org

Many histopathology laboratories in the UK are using antiquated
reporting software. Upgrading to a more modern system is expensive. Even
the more modern systems often lack the technology needed for
pathologists to
efficiently report complex cases. They are often difficult to use
across multiple sites. We have developed reporting software that
overcomes some of these difficulties. Over the last year we have shared
this open source software internationally via the website above and
there are now hundreds of users around the World.

Over the next year we are planning to incorporate more cancer
proformas, and will release an updated version of the software in early
2013, via the website above.

I would be very for any feed back regarding bugs or ideas for
enhancements.

Fred Mayall
Consultant Histopathologist Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust