[Histonet] Disposal of used lab equipment

Joe W. Walker, Jr. joewalker <@t> rrmc.org
Thu Nov 1 14:09:26 CDT 2012

I don't know the type of equipment you are talking about but have you considered donating to a histotech school? Or even a high school that might be interested in taking their dissecting class to the next level?

Joe W. Walker, Jr. MS, SCT(ASCP)CM
Anatomical Pathology Manager
Rutland Regional Medical Center
160 Allen Street, Rutland, VT 05701
P: 802.747.1790  F: 802.747.6525
NEW EMAIL: joewalker <@t> rrmc.org
www.rrmc.org

Our Vision:
To be the Best Community Healthcare System in New England

Rutland Regional…Vermont’s 1st Hospital to Achieve Both ANCC Magnet Recognition® and the Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dingersoll <@t> aplaboratories.com
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:35 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Disposal of used lab equipment

   We have upgraded some of our equipment in recent months and repla�d
   some VERY OLD equipment that is just taking up space now.

   =A

   I have contacted some of the used equipment man=acturers and no one
   is interested in taking this equipment off our hands.

   My  question  is  how do you dispose = used histology equipment.  I
   don't  know  if our local landfill will =ke it.  Is there a service
   out there who will come haul it away?

   I appreciate any feedback.

    =

   Donna S. Ingersoll, B.S., HTL, CT(ASCP)