[Histonet] Update on Slide Printers

Vickroy, Jim Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com
Wed May 30 10:03:27 CDT 2012

We were experiencing a lot of problems with our slide labels and assumed the problems were with the General Data Cognitive Printers.   I had asked several of you if you had experienced any problems with these printers while using CoPath Plus automated barcoded tracking.  Today after trouble shooting we have found the problems are not with the printers but with the software communicating to the printers from CoPath Plus ABT.   I didn't get a lot of response but wanted others to know that the printers were not the problem. If you are experiencing any problems with uneven printing and are using the same pathology system please let me know.  Hopefully further upgrades in the systems will resolve any further problems.

James Vickroy BS, HT(ASCP)

Surgical  and Autopsy Pathology Technical Supervisor
Memorial Medical Center
217-788-4046

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.