[Histonet] compatibility of Thermo slide printers with Leica cassette printer

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Wed May 30 08:23:05 CDT 2012

We use both the Printmate and slidemate from Thermo.

We also have used the Leica IPS for slides.

The biggest thing to remember is when using these items is if you are passing them through your APLIS or the printers own proprietary software.  Either was you are going to have to look at this with a critical eye.  I would suggest using 2D barcodes for both items.  1D tend to increase as the data increases.  But this hold true for all barcodes you place on either a slide or cassette.  The main thing is the symobology you need in order to produce the barcode.  There are several symoblogies out there to use.  We currently use the Datamatrix one.  This is all driven by either the APLIS or the database you are using.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Morphisto GmbH
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:14 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] compatibility of Thermo slide printers with Leica cassette printer

Hello Sandy,

we use a Leica Cassette and Slide Printer which are both connected to a database in which we organize all our specimens and print cassettes and slides, so it is not necessary to read the barcodes from cassettes to print them on the slides. However, there is of course not much space for barcode on the cassettes, but in most cases we can read the barcode with our smart phones.
I do not know if the barcodes of Leica and Thermo are compatible. I think you have to use the same type of barcode in both machines, so that the other one can read it.

Best regards
Michael

Am 29.05.2012 um 22:12 schrieb Harrison, Sandra C.:

> 1)      Does anyone have a Leica Cassette Printer on which they are
> printing 2-Dimensional barcodes?
>

> 2)      Is anyone using a Thermo slide printer, with bar code reader, to
> read cassettes printed off of a Leica Cassette Printer with 2-D bar
> codes?
>

> Thanks for your input.
>

> Sandy C. Harrison, HTL (ASCP)
>
> Histology Supervisor
>
> Minneapolis VA
>
> 612-467-2449

MORPHISTO Evolutionsforschung und Anwendung GmbH
Weismüllerstr. 45
60314 Frankfurt am Main
Telefon: 			069 / 400 3019 60
Telefax:			069 / 989 72 1100

E-Mail: info <@t> morphisto.de
Internet: http://www.morphisto.de/

Vertretungsberechtigter Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Gudo

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt
Registernummer: HRB 74954
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer gemäß § 27 a Umsatzsteuergesetz: DE243397199
Diese Nachricht ist ausschliesslich fuer den bezeichneten Adressaten oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der unautorisierten Nutzung, Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhaltes der Email nicht gestattet ist. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser Email oder dessen Vertreter sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit dem Absender der Email in Verbindung zu setzen und anschliessend diese Email und saemtliche Anhaenge zu loeschen.
This message is exclusively for the person addressed or their representative. Any form of the unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient of this message and its contents, please notify this sender immediately and delete this message and all its attachments subsequently.

This message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that the
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender
at either the e-mail, fax, address, or telephone number
listed above and delete this e-mail from your computer.
Thank You.