[Histonet] RE: Embedding

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Tue May 29 11:23:54 CDT 2012

Yes, cleaning your wells would be the next possible thing to try.  Clean them out with a little xylene (or paraguard) daily.  Also if your embedding unit has the removable wells, placing them upside down in the oven may be something to try.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor, Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
(713) 563-3481
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org

********************************
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:02:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ann Specian <thisisann <@t> aol.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

We are having a problem with floaters in our blocks which occur during embedding.  We have multiple forceps which are placed in heated wells and each cassette is embedded with a new forcep.  We also wipe with a gauze, but we are still getting floaters embedded in the cassette from time to time.

Does anyone do anything else to prevent this?
Thank you, Ann