[Histonet] Embedding

Norton, Sally sally.norton <@t> seattlechildrens.org
Fri May 25 12:12:18 CDT 2012

We make sure to clean the wells also.  Little flecks of tissue are almost always in there after embedding.

Sally Norton
Seattle Children's

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ann Specian
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:02 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Embedding

We are having a problem with floaters in our blocks which occur during embedding.  We have multiple forceps which are placed in heated wells and each cassette is embedded with a new forcep.  We also wipe with a gauze, but we are still getting floaters embedded in the cassette from time to time.

Does anyone do anything else to prevent this?
Thank you, Ann