[Histonet] Unregistered techs

Davide Costanzo pathlocums <@t> gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:48:23 CDT 2012

I'm sorry - I cannot let this rest. The comment: "we are just as much
needed as pathologists, blah, blah,
blah......." is so upsetting I cannot sit back and listen to that without
saying something!

Everyone, regardless of their lot in life, is a very worthwhile part of the
whole. Let me ask you a question, since you highly undervalue humans that
are not MD's - let's say that you are a patient at Hospital X, and you go
in to have your toenail removed. Who plays a more important role in your
survival - the Podiatrist or the hospital janitor? I would argue that the
janitor is more crucial in this instance, for if he/she fails to clean up
the MRSA from the last patient you could conceivably die. The doctor solved
your fungal problem, but the janitor prevented you from getting a
potentially life-threatening infection. Think before you speak like that -
everyone involved in your care is critical - and, yes, sometimes the doctor
is not the most important person when it comes to keeping you alive and
well!

--
*David Costanzo, MHS, PA (ASCP)*
Project Manager