[Histonet] Leica CV5030 coverslipper issues

Gibson, Philip Philip.Gibson <@t> nuth.nhs.uk
Tue May 22 08:16:14 CDT 2012

We had a bunch of issues with our 5030 coverslipper that have largely
been resolved with the following "top tips"!:

a)      Making sure that the coverslips we load into the machine are not
statically-charged  (they don't lie flat against each other - the pile
feels "springy").  The brand we use only has occasional boxes of 100
coverslips like this, we just use them for hand-mounting instead.

b)      Scrupulous housekeeping (clean any DPX/glass splinters away
regularly)

Phil

Mr Philip Gibson

Business Manager

Directorate of Medicine

Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Tel. 0191 2821511

DECT 21511

Thank you for your co-operation.