[Histonet] paraffin melting in VIP

hymclab hymclab.hymclab <@t> ministryhealth.org
Mon May 14 10:22:05 CDT 2012

We do the same thing Tresa.  I've been here 20 years and have an original VIP that is 22 years old as our back up and a VIP 5 that is 8 years old as our primary and have never had 1 issue with the heating elements!!

Dawn

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Goins, Tresa
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:33 PM
To: 'gu.lang <@t> gmx.at'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] paraffin melting in VIP

When it is time to exchange reagents, the paraffin is the first thing we do because of the melting time required.
We fill up the bin and place it in the oven until there is room to add more wax pellets - we do not stuff it in, but leave it rather loose.  We do this about six times during the day until the bin is full.
The paraffin pellets are not "cold" and there is a lot of residual heat in the oven due to the three hot wax bins already at temperature, so I am not sure how much "stress" this places on the heating elements.

Tresa