[Histonet] Fwd: Plants

Lucie Guernsey lguernsey <@t> ucsd.edu
Fri May 11 15:07:11 CDT 2012

I keep a pothos and spider plant in my lab. EH&S has never complained,
though I can't say one way or another if it's technically allowed.

While my plants are mostly just decorative (I don't think I have enough of
them to make much of a difference), it doesn't hurt that they may be
filtering our air somewhat. NASA compiled a list of air-filtering plants
that can eliminate significant amounts of formaldehyde, xylene, benzene,
etc. (Source:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_air-filtering_plants).

Lucie
UCSD
Dept. of Pathology