[Histonet] Cut proof gloves

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Fri May 4 12:04:31 CDT 2012

Sheila asks about cut-resistant gloves:

We use the cut resistant gloves from Surgipath Medical Industries. They are of course, cut resistant, but not cut proof or puncture proof. They fit nice and snugly and don't impede work. They work well if you just touch a finger lightly with a scalpel or blade during an autopsy or while grossing a specimen. When that happens the rubber glove on top gets cut and lets the blood in and you must wash the cut resistant glove (and your hand very well of course).

I don't know if they are Kevlar. That may be a brand name.

Michael Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA