[Histonet] Retention Standards

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:43:57 CDT 2012

You can find the CAP retention policies on their web site
http://www.cap.org/apps/cap.portal?_nfpb=true&cntvwrPtlt_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FcontentViewer%2Fshow&_windowLabel=cntvwrPtlt&cntvwrPtlt%7BactionForm.contentReference%7D=laboratory_accreditation%2Fnewsletters%2F0301_2newsletter.html&_state=maximized&_pageLabel=cntvwr

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Senior Research Tech
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
Robert. H. Lurie Cancer Center
Northwestern University
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723
b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:38 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Retention Standards

Does anyone have specific web links for CLIA, CAP, JC and, more specifically for me, Florida specimen retention guidelines?  I want to update my retention policy, but I want to ensure that I am using the strictest of the
guidelines.   I am looking for guidelines on retention of service
worksheets, specimen worksheets, requisitions etc and all things paper as well.

THANKS for any help and direction you can provide, Michelle