[Histonet] RE: Antiboey Diluents

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Thu Mar 22 09:45:46 CDT 2012

Not all antibody diluents contain BSA - proprietary carrier proteins include synthetic polymers.
Not all antibody diluents are buffered with PBS - some are buffered with TBS.
If you make your antibody diluents in-house, be very selective about the BSA source, especially if you work with veterinary tissues.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Joseph Madary
Subject: Re: [Histonet] commercial antibody diluent with carrier proteins SUGGESTIONS?

Joseph:
ALL commercial antibody diluent carriers  contain the same ingredients (bovine albumen, Tween 20 and sodium azide as preservative in pH7 PBS buffer).

Every 100 mL of antibody diluent contains:
Bovine albumen --------- 1 mL
PBS pH7 buffer --------- 99 mL
Tween 20 ----------------- 50 µL
sodium azide ----------100 mg

Why don't you prepare it yourself? That is what I used to do and saved a lot of money!
René J.