[Histonet] Water Quality

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 21 09:40:23 CDT 2012

Our DI tanks are provided and serviced by Seimens. They do the testing.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Senior Research Tech
Pathology Core Facility
ECOGPCO-RL
Robert. H. Lurie Cancer Center
Northwestern University
710 N Fairbanks Court
Olson 8-421
Chicago,IL 60611
312-503-3723
b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:35 AM
To: Histonet post; Laurie <@t> blufrogpath.com
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Water Quality

When you introduce the words "reagent quality" it means that a chemical manufacturer has done specific tests to assure that the water complies with such designation. Deionized water is usable for solutions preparations but the issue resides in the deionizer that has to be tested as to its performance.
No "small laboratory" has the  conditions required to perform microbiology cultures, nor it is really necessary to do under normal working histology conditions.
If these are new CAP requirements it seems to me that CAP is going beyond reasonable requirements.
René J.