[Histonet] ThermScientific HistoScreens-printing quality problems

DeMint, Valerie S Valerie.DeMint <@t> phci.org
Thu Mar 8 13:49:10 CST 2012

Hi

I am looking for help with a cassette printing problem that we are experiencing.  We use the Thermo Histo Screen cassettes and the Surgipath  VCP 2001 cassette printer.  Case numbers are quite smudged or missing completely when the batch has finished processing.  This is only happening to the HistoScreens because we also use a routine cassette from another manufacturer and there are no problems with print quality.  I have switched lot numbers of the printer ink ribbon and continue to have problems.  It is not happening with every cassette on the batch so I do not believe it to be the printer itself.
Is any one else experiencing printing quality issues with these cassettes?
your help is appreciated,
Valerie DeMint, HT(ASCP)
Histology Lead
Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Waukesha, WI

This information is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or our Customer Support Center at (262) 928-2777. We have scanned this e-mail and its attachments for malicious content.  However, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  ProHealth Care accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.